Saturday, January 15, 2011

Sweet Little Bird



What a darling little...sparrow I think? I have to look him up in a birding book. My friend, Susan, gave me one so I could identify all the bird that visit our home in CT. Although, the little rascals move too fast for me to identify normally. Maybe now that I am photographing them, I will be able to identify some. Anyway, this one was a cute little guy.
Today is Martin Luther King Day. My pastor read a large portion of a letter he wrote to other pastors while in prison. He was defending himself for his use of civil disobedience. He mentioned others who used this tactic to move authorities to change laws that were in some way unfair towards large portions of a particular population... I just marveled at this man's inner strength to fight against the authorities who were obviously wrong, and also to, at the same time, defend his actions to his own "friends." I think the later takes more courage sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment